Onset of seizures
how does it happen?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Seizures happen due to sudden, abnormal electrical activity in the brain. It may be due to a bleed, a tumor, a worm, a demyelination process, or without a cause. This may or may not be associated with convulsions.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Note there is a difference between the cause of a seizure and a trigger.  Seizures can be caused by head injury (at any time in your life), diabetes side effects, a high fever as a child or a virus/bacterium like meningitis.  

Triggers are things like alcohol drinks, flashing lights (like driving a car through shade/shadow or watching window blinds flickering the light from a breeze, or for some people anything raising the adrenaline level.  In women, PMS is usually a trigger.  Keeping track of what you were doing or experiencing in the 24 hours before a seizure will bring out any patterns and help you limit the seizures by limiting the triggers.

If you lose awareness and/or ability to function during a seizure, do not drive or work around machinery if at all possible.  Get checked for diabetes.  Get the seizures treated, they may get worse and/or more frequent if you continue to have them.  There are lots of seizure medications out there now than there were 10 years ago, so see a neurologist who specializes in seizures and their treatment.  Do not take your general practitioner's advice as the last word.