Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Onset of tingling burning sensation all over body

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

This evening in bed I had a very quick onset of a tingling/burning sensation all over my body.  Interestingly, iyt felt as though it began at the head and went down the body where it continues to tingle and burn.  There is no discoloration of the skin and no temperature, but the skin feels tingling and burning.  I do take several medications.  I take tenormin, klonopin, flecanide, and a baby aspirin.  These medications are to prevent the benign arrythmias I occasionally get and a one time episode of atrial fib.  I am 50 years old in good health and very active.  I am just recovering from a week long cold and am presently taking antibiotics.  Besides the meds and antibiotics, I take a liquid multi vitamin, liquid calcium/magnesium supplement, a B-complex supplement, a Vitamin C supplement, and here is the potential culprit - 500 mg of Slw Niacin.  To blame these symptoms on the niacin would be a bit strange since I've been taking the niacin for 2 months now with no real reaction.  Your thoughts?
Difficult to say without evaluation.

Several systemic diseases can lead to the neurologic symptoms you are describing.  Being tested for lupus, thyroid disease, B-12 levels and diabetes can all be considered.  

If there is a specific nerve in question, a nerve conduction study can be considered.  If positive, this can be followed up with an MRI to evaluate for any pinched nerves emanating from the spine.  

A referral to a neurologist can be considered to discuss these options.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
A related discussion, itching sensation in my gums and soft palate was started.
A related discussion, burning sencation in body was started.