Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Outer Thigh Pain
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Outer Thigh Pain

I have bad pain in outer upper left thigh. First symptom was tingling and buzzing in left foot, the first time I put weight on that leg after rest. Now, after normal activity (walking etc.)  with body weight on leg, the pain occurs quickly in the upper outside left thigh and stays, gets worse, stops after an hour or so of bed rest, responds to heat. The pain does not shoot, just stays in a six or eight inch part of the upper outer thigh. Scale of 1-10, I would say 8. I am a 73 year old female, 5 feet, wt. 120. I live in Mexico. What do you think this might be? Should I look for a neurologist, chiropractor, what? Thanks, DLC
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
Various causes come to mind.  Peripheral neuropathy can present this way.  A nerve conduction study can evaluate for a nerve disorder.  If a central (i.e. spinal) cause is suspected, a back MRI can be obtained.  

If the neurological route has been explored, you can investigate for claudication.  Obtaining non-invasive vascular studies can be obtained to ensure there is proper blood flow to the extremities.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Pain upper thigh pain was started.
Blank
A related discussion, pain in outer thigh was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity