Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Ovary pain during sneeze
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ovary pain during sneeze

Hey,
Every time I sneeze I feel a very strong/sharp pain in my left and right ovary. I am not pregnant and sure of that. I have no idea why this happens, but I hate it. I have a fear of sneezing, now. This pain also comes along when I bend backwards really far, turn right really far, turn left really far, and when I cough, though it hurts the most during sneezes. If you have any suggestions please tell me before this gets worse.
Thanks.
Related Discussions
5 Comments
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There are various possibilities like PID or pelvic inflammatory disease, PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome, bladder infection or simply overuse of abdominal muscles.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Your family physician or gynecologist can help you in this. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Blank
541196_tn?1293556536
best of luck getting to the bottom of this.  I have the exact same problem.  The first time I experienced it was early on in my pregnancy 7 years ago.  It didn't happen for a few years... but in the last 2 years it has started back up again.  I too fear sneezing.  If I sit in a certain position I can avoid the pain when I sneeze though. :-)  I have always assumed I have a cyst when it happens.  I am known to get them...
Blank
Me too.  That's why I'm looking into this, once again.  I even had a sonogram, looking for something.  I think it's muscle ligaments or scar tissue from c-section.  Remember when you were pregnant and the ligaments stretched, ouch.  My pain is similiar to that.  The doctor said it may be scar tissue as well.  Have you had a c-section or 2?
Blank
HI,
I too have this problem and have never done anything about it. Have any of you had a successful pregnancy since experiencing these pains.  I am currently going through IVF and am on my 2WW (2 week wait).  I am looking for reassurance that it isn't going to stop the embryo's implanting!  Any suggestions?
Thanks Kate
Blank
A related discussion, sharp pain when sneezing was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank