Overheating, is this normal?
For years now I have suffered badly from the heat, I don't mind the cold at all. But it causes me a great deal of trouble at times. I usually find myself overheating at least three times a week, most often at night when I don't realise that I've pulled the covers around me. I find myself losing all strength and become very weak as well as nauseous. I find that drinking cold water helps a little as well as opening the windows to try and cool myself down but I usually don't have the strength to do so, this means riding it out which can take an hour sometimes.
Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I'm a healthy 23 year old girl who is slightly overweight, but nothing to warrant overheating on such common timescale. I'm not pregnant and I have no known health issues. I'm also on the Pill. Any answers would be helpful. Thanks
drinks lots of water... try smart water is has electrolytes. when it's hot.. dress in loose, light colored fabrics. try a fan by your bed too.
It sounds like you need to go and have your Thyroid levels checked. It causes all the symptoms you have mentioned.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Underlying infection or inflammation in the body can result in the feeling of heat. Another possibility is hyperthyroidism. Antibiotic or other drug metabolism can also cause a feeling of heat in the body. Drink plenty of fluids, eat lots of fruits and vegetables and take multivitamins. Get your thyroid function assessed. Sjogren’s syndrome is another possibility. It can also be due to heart problems, especially if you feel suffocated at night.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
So Rose . . . do you sweat or perspire?