PAIN UNDER RIBS WHEN I STRETCH
IF I REACH FOR SOMETHING AN HAVE TO STRETCH TO REACH IT I GET THIS UNBELIEVABLE PAIN UNDER THE EDGE OF MY RIBS. IT HAPPENS ON EITHER SIDE ACCORDING TO WHICH WAY I AM REACHING. SOME TIMES IT JUST HAPPENS EVEN WHEN I AM NOT STRETCHING. IT FEELS LIKE THE ORGANS UNDER THERE ARE IN A KNOT AND SOMETIMES IT GOES INTO MY BACK RIB AREAS TOO. SOMETIMES IT IS IN MY LOWER ABDOMIN AREA LIKE WHEN I BEND TO WIPE MY BEHIND IT FEELS LIKE THE ORGANS ARE FLIPPING OVER OR SOMETHING AND I FEEL LIKE I CAN'T STRAIGHTEN BACK UP.
Does this happen often?  If it does, definitely get it checked out with your doctor.

I have the same problems from time-to-time in the rib area.  When I was in the ER getting myself checked, I described that along with other things that I had.  That in particular (the unbelievable sharp pain), I was told were just cramps.  I suggest stretching and exercising a little bit and see if they go away.  Or, as mentioned, you could just go to your doctor.
thank you needle monster. i will try some stretching exercises. i am a bit afraid when i go to stretch i will get another attach (like you said the pain is unbelievable). it used to happen only once in awhile on the right side and i always said my bladder was attacking me because i thought i was having a gall bladder attack. but now it happens more often and on both sides so i don't think it is my gall bladder. but i am going to get up the nerve and try stretching. thanks again, itsool
Get your gall bladder checked.  Look up gall bladder disease on the internet, the symptoms are identical to what you are describing.  You would be amazed at how many people are walking around without their gall bladders and they all say how great they feel now:)  Good luck!