Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
PAIN UNDER RIGHT RIB-CAGE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

PAIN UNDER RIGHT RIB-CAGE

I HAVE A PAIN UNDER MY RIGHT RIB-CAGE, DOC SAID IT WAS A PULLED MUSCLE, I THOUGHT IT WAS HEALING BUT NOW ITS BACK WITH A VENGIOUS (spelling) HAD THE PAIN ABOUT 6 MONTHS. HAD MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED MANY YEARS AGO SO ITS NOT THAT. SO BAD I CAN HARDLY WALK, I ALSO HAVE A VERY BAD COUGH WHICH I KNOW WON'T HELP BUT I STARTED WITH THE COUGH AFTER THE PAIN GOT WORSE. I WANT TO KNOW IS IT A PULLED MUSCLE OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE, MANY THANKS, NADY
You should talk with your doctor and let him know about your cough if you haven't done so already to rule out anything lung related, which can cause this type of pain.  I also recommend a thoracic MRI to rule out a thoracic herniated disc, which is what could have occurred verses a pulled muscle that would cause this type of pain.  The only other options seem to be gastrointestinal, which would require GI tests to determine, these are usually done prior to the MRI test that I indicated above unless heavy lifting was done prior to the onset of the pain.  I hope you receive more thorough suggestions that may help and that you feel better soon!
Thanks so much for takeing the time to reply, it has been very helpful, kind regards, Nnady
There is a condition called costal chondritis that can cause ribcage pain. You can google it, and see if it matches your symptoms. Good luck. I have it so bad that the only time I wear a bra is at work. As soon as I get home, off it comes. For me it has become a chronic pain condition.
many, many thanks for taking the time to reply, i will look it up, again many thanks, Nady