Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain / Discomfort Inside Nostril
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain / Discomfort Inside Nostril

Hi hope someone can give my some advice this is driving me mad!

Few days ago the inside of one of my nostrils became very sore indeed for no aparant reason.

It has now formed a kind of soft scab over it and its still very sore and very uncomfortable.

Is this just one of those things or is it actually something that can be treated or could anyone recommend anything that would help get rid of it?

Many thanks

J
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
I have this alot, and mine is due to a lot of sinus problems.  You probably have a small cut or tear inside the lining of your nose.  If the nasal membranes are dry, it is really easy to create a cut or tear when you wipe or blow your nose.  
Preventatively, you could take a small amount of vaseline daily inside your nose.  It won't hurt you at all, and no one will know it is there.
To get rid of the current issue, take some neosporin on a Qtip, and put it on the sore.  Just be careful not to "pick" the scab.  When it becomes dry, it can come off and you have to start all over again.
Good luck.
also, try some Saline nasal spraay.  It isn't habit forming, and keeps the membranes moist.
Blank
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll give it a go. It's driving me mad so anything is worth a try :-)

Blank
I had this problem alot and I started putting Carmex in my nose at night.  It doesn't smell very good, but it helped alot.
Blank
A related discussion, dry nostrils was started.
Blank
A related discussion, babyblues was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank