Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain & Swelling in Temple and Neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain & Swelling in Temple and Neck

I'm a seventeen year old female and for the past week my left temple has been noticeably swollen and tender. I've also gotten headaches that have increased the pain considerably. When I feel my temple, it feels like there's a large bump underneath the skin. Also, an area on my neck... Just beneath the jawline... I'm not sure what it's called but it's where you usually take your pulse on your neck... This area has also been swollen and painful to touch (just on the left side). I have had this happen before, also on the left side and it eventually went away, but it wasn't accompanied by the swollen temple. I don't know if the swelling on my temple and on my neck are related but I thought they might be because they came about the same time and they are both on the left side. I've tried to find answers online but none of them seem to be quite what I'm looking for. I would like to know if it would be a good idea for me to see a doctor or if I should just wait for it to go away.