Pain and Tingling Upper Left Abdomen

For the last year or so, I've had an odd pain and tingling sensation in my upper left abdomen, immediately below the ribs.  This isn't constant, but when it occurs, it usually lasts for a week or two.  When it's there, there is definite tenderness when I poke the area, and the pain is a sharp pain, maybe a 3 out of 10 on the pain scale.  I haven't been able to link any other circumstances (menstrual cycle, eating habits, etc) to this pain.  I don't have any other symptoms that I know of, just a peculiar pain.

I was diagnosed with mono in april after a particularly severe tonsil flareup (they've since been removed), could this be some sort of spleen issue related to the mono?  Or what else could be causing this?
go to the  doctors asap.. you  never  know what it  could be
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Sharp stabbing pain under left ribs could be due to acidity with gastric reflux or hiatal hernia. Take a late night snack. Raise head end of bed. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. Walking around also helps clear gas. I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system) if these tips help you. Other than that it could also be costochondritis, pleuritis (inflammation of covering of lung) or pericarditis (inflammation of covering of heart). Since you do not mention any other symptoms, it is less likely to be any of these except costochondritis. This causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you. Generally there is no cause. However it can be due to infection, blow, injury, or fibromyalgia. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs.
Hope these tips help. If symptoms persist consult an orthopedic specialist and gastroenterologist. Take care!