Pain and Weakness in Knee
About 4 months ago I fell over on a tile floor straight onto my knee cap. After about a week of mild pain the pain went away. In the last few weeks I have been noticing more slight pain in the knee, as well as some perceived weakness in the knee. I've also found a slight bump across the patellar tendon, and overall the knee does not seem to feel right. Should I be seeing a doctor, or could this possibly be something I can treat at home? Any ideas on what it could be? Thank you.
Pain that persists for more than a week should always be examined by a doctor.
Time to see someone with an Xray/MRI machine. Pain this far out is for a specialist.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You must consult an orthopedic specialist. X-ray of the knee is definitely required. You may also need a MRI. There is a chance of either fracture or dislocation of patella with injury to tendons. This is something best not treated at home. Take care!