Pain and tightness behind knee
I have had what I thought was a hamstring injury for years and have kind of just of fought through it and varied my running. Not an avid runner..... 3 miles  4 times a week.  My left leg behind my knee is always tight and has a feeling that I can not ever completely stretch it out. At times feels like leg is drawing up and sometimes at night if I lie a certain way in my sleep it will go into a form of cramp. Somedays does not bother me at all and others I can feel the entire day. Recently started training for my first half marathon and upon reaching 7 mile mark entire leg began to draw up and  could not climb hill at all. Pain and tightness is from middle/outside of back of left knee up 3 or 4 inches.  Sometimes cramps in calf also. No visible knots, swelling, vein issues or anything. Is this just hamstring issues or possible knee problem?
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.