Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in Ankles and Knee joints

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain in Ankles and Knee joints

I have for the past 2 years suffered from pains and numbness in the ankles whilst running. Originally, the pain would come on after 30-40 minutes of running, now it occurs after only a few minutes. The pain feels like a numbness and swelling of the ankle and foot (both sides), with severe pain spreading up the shins. If I stop running the pain slowly goes, leaving a tingling in the toes. I have on occasion tried to run through the pain but this can cause injury to the knee joint. I can however play squash for 1