Pain in Lower-Right Quadrant
Forgive me if I am asking in the wrong forum - please move there if appropriate.

While at work on Friday, I had to lift an object that weighted roughly 50 pounds.  It was on the floor so I bent down and picked it up, maybe not with the best form.  Right after picking it up, I could feel a sudden slight pain around the right of my belly button / in my lower-right quadrant.

The pain got slightly better each day until today when I was bent down on one knee and then stood up, this time without any additional weight.

I am not having any problems with appetite, bowel movements, fever, etc.  There is no pain while coughing, though I haven't sneezed so I can't say if whether or not that causes pain.  Applying pressure to the area does not cause any pain, and I could not feel any lumps or otherwise things that felt as if they shouldn't be there.

Any idea what it might be?  Or what could have happened?  I first thought hernia, but I can not feel anything poking out.   I next thought appendicitis, but I do not have any symptoms (aside from pain in that area).

The hospital has to be my last option as I do not have any health insurance and do not want to bury myself in debt for something that may be nothing at all.

Thanks!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Lower right abdomen pain is commonly due to appendicitis. The pain, can at times come and go and not give the classic picture. Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, infection in kidney, kidney stones, constipation, ovary involvement in women, ectopic pregnancy in women, and an abscess or pull in rectus abdominis muscle or psoas muscle can all cause lower right abdomen pain. Since you first felt the pain on bending and then straightening, a muscle pull should be looked into.
However, since you also have problems with bowel movements and appetite, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, IBS and chronic appendicitis too should be looked into. If by pressing there is no pain, then though not 100%, still there is a major chance that it is not appendicitis. For diagnosis of other conditions, you will need to consult a doctor. Only a muscle sprain will be treated with analgesics and anti inflammatories. Also pain relief sprays may help. However for your other issues, you will still need to see a doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!