Pain in Right Shoulder
Hello people,

I've been having pain in my right shoulder for about four days now. I am almost certain that it's not from physical activity. This pain is worse when I lay down, bend over, or take deep breaths. On a scale of 1-10 it's about a 6. I wasn't concerned about but it's not going away. This pain also spreads to the right side of my chest at times. Yesterday I felt a painful spasm like sensation several times on the right side of my chest as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)
hi,

does your pain worsen with range of motion?  anything relieves the pain?  when you bend over, are you reaching down/forward?  when laying down, are you supine or sidelying?  
Thanks for the quick response thiGGer.

The pain is not aggravated when I move my arm. It is temporarily relieved by ibuprofen. When I bend over I'm reaching down. When I'm laying down I'm supine.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Gall bladder stones and infection, duodenal ulcer and abscess under the right diaphragm can cause referred pain to right shoulder. Anything that can cause pain in the chest area, can cause pain in the shoulder area and the reverse is true too. Other than this the pain can be due to the joint itself.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!