Pain in Right upper abdomen
My father expieriencing attacks of very sharp pain in right side of upper abdomen that goes away and come back under lower rib cage with neusea, pain radiates to a lower back. Blood test is normal except CRP high that sugest inflamantory condition but CT scan of abdomen normal, urine analysis normal, gastro scan normal. He is not dianosed and deteriorating. Is anyone expierience simular.
Has his appendix been checked? Sometimes pain on the right side of the abdomen is associated with the appendix. I wish you the best of luck for your dad!
The main symptom of appendicitis is belly pain. Many people feel the first pain near the belly button. Then it moves to the lower right side of the belly. But the pain can be in different parts of your belly or even on your side or back. The pain may get worse if you move, walk, or cough. You may also have a fever or feel sick to your stomach. Let us know how he makes out okay?
Oh I forgot, ask them to do an ultrasound on the appendix if he's already had a CT.
This almost certainly sounds like a typical gall bladder attack. He could have gall stones, and they may cause irritation within the gall bladder. This causes pain in the upper right side, under ribcage, can migrate into back, accompanied with nausea, headaches, and even fever at times. The pain can even ache in the right shoulder and down the arm.
Lemon juice with a couple tsps of olive oil is a great home remedy for this. It has always worked for me. It doesn't taste great, but works wonders.

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Several causes appear to have been looked at. An abscess under the diaphragm is often missed while doing a CT, hence ask your doctor about it. The other possibilities are acidity, pancreas involvement, a stone in the CBD that was missed. A high C-Reactive protein can be an indication of infection, inflammation, dental problem, arthritis, increased risk of heart problems, increased risk of cancers etc. A high C-Reactive protein should be evaluated ASAP. In your father’s case heart problems causing such a pain and possibility of liver or gall bladder cancer should be looked at. It would be wise at this stage to consult a cardiologist and an oncologist.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!