Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in back stomach and while urinating. What could it be?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I had a baby 3 weeks ago and I don't know if this has anything to do with my problems. It started 3 days ago when the my right side of my back just under my ribs started hurting really bad like some one kicked me good. I thought maybe I just pulled my back from toting around the baby but then it started to get worse and spread to the front of my stomach where it started feeling like sharp menstrual cramps. It hurts when I urinate just at the very end, it starts burning bad and that burning irritated feeling stays with me all day. My temp went up to 99.5, I didn't know if that was because I just got out of the shower though. I took a huge motrin they gave me when I left the hospital and three hours later the pain in my back and stomach came back. I took another one and in the morning I felt fine as it went for most of the day and my temp went down. Last night it came back again, temp 100.2. This morning I still feel the cramps and my temp is 99.6. I'm not getting any fowl smelling discharge so I don't think its an infection in my uterus. What could it be though? If it's something I can fix on my own please tell me how.
1 Comment

First of all congratulations on becoming a mother!

What you are suffering from is probably a urinary tract infection. You can see your gynecologist about it. As you will be feeding your baby, so you cannot take all types of medications for they may be harmful for the baby. This is not something you can treat yourself, except drink plenty of fluids and wash your private parts with very mild antiseptic each time you use the washroom.

You will need to get your urine examined, maybe get some blood tests done too. I urge you to consult your gynecologist at the earliest.Kidney involvement will have to be ruled out.

If you need more help, please feel free to contact. I’ll be happy to answer your queries.