Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in bones all over body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain in bones all over body

I have been having pain in the bones- hips, back, neck, ribs, shoulders,elbow, on and off since last 12 yrs. Earlier i tried homeopathy, allopathy, physiotherapy , ayurvedic treatment - all based on symptomatic diagnosis but all in vain. I got all tests done for rheumatoid arthritis and spondilytis but that was negative.

The pain in general has increased in recent times.

I dont know what is the cause and need assistance in this.
Tags: Pain in
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I know it is tough to live with pain. Unexplained pains, sometimes the bones paining and sometimes the muscles can be due to a problem called ‘fibromyalgia’. This is associated with fatigue and a heightened and painful response to gentle touch (allodynia). Other symptoms include needle-like tingling of the skin, weakness in the limbs, bowel disturbances, and chronic sleep disturbances. The cause of fibromyalgia is often hereditary or due to a physical or emotional trauma or due to lingering infection in the body such as due to mono. It can also be due to severe or long lasting anemia. The treatment is a mix and match of analgesics, anti depressants, anti seizure medications, physical therapy and counseling. Correcting anemia and treating infection also helps.
Apart from fibromyalgia multiple joint pain is seen in hypothyroidism, low Vitamin D levels, Low Vit B12 levels, anemia, Hasimotos thyroiditis, gout (can sometimes cause multiple joint pain), rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, SLE, electrolyte disturbance particularly those involving calcium and magnesium, parathyroid gland problems, chondrocalcinosis and chronic fatigue syndrome.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Hope this helps. Take care!