Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in heels and hands

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain in heels and hands

For the past year I have had pain in the back of my heels and down the sides of my heels.They hurt when I stand and walk . Very painful. I also have pain in the heels of my hands and joints of fingers very stiff and tender. I cant put weight on my hands to even roll over in bed. Both heels and and heels of hands ache all the time. I cant even clap without being in pain. I am 52 this is not normal. I have had rucurring pain in my stomach, with lose bowels low grade fever, I am very tired alot and do not sleep well. My life has been riddled with stress,  and I worry constantly. My biggest commplaint is my hands and heels. I cant rest my heels on my recliner, or hold my stirring wheel at 10 and 2, its painful. Does anyone have any adea what I could be dealing with.
1 Comment
Sorry to hear yu are unwell.

The heel and and sides of heel pain is due to inflamation (inflammation) of the tendons.  It could be that the posterial fibrial tendon has been inflamed due to overuse.  You may also be sufering from achilles tendon as well as planta faciatis.  My bet is on the posterial fibrial tendon problem.  Have you done any jogging, wearing high heels or usuing a treadmill?

I damaged my posterial fibrial tendon whilst using the treadmill at the gym and was not able to put any weight on my leg for 9 months.

Unfortunately, it will take some time for them to settle.  Take pain relief and complete rest.  You can also get insoles to place inside yur shoes to support your feet.

With regard to your wrists.  This sounds like tennosynovitis.  Overuse of the tendons.  You may also have a carpal tunnel problem.  For this, again you can use pain relief and get some wrist splints to wear.  These will will support the wrists to help with the healing process.  Again you need to rest the wrists and hands and don't do any repetitive work.

I suggest you see yur doctor so that he can send yu for xrays to rule out any bone breakages and neorological tests to see if you have carpal tunnel problems.

He may also suggest you take anti-inflammatory medication to help reduce the inflammation.  Be careful with these as they don't suit everybody.

Wishing you a speedy receovery.