Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in left temple, numbness, neck and shoulder pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I am a 31 yr old male that never experiences any medical problems.  For over a week now, I have had pain in my left temple (like a light headed headache that is sometimes more painful and sometimes less painful, comes and goes--- standing, sitting, moving, still...no difference).  Along with this pressure in my left temple, I have had neck pain, pain in my left shoulder....and numbness in my face and legs.  I have had episodes of anxiety and felt like I was going to pass out.  Went to the Dr. after about a week of the same issues non-stop.  They gave me a CT scan, ran blood tests.....and everything checked out as fine.  The Dr. (who is new to me) suggested I go to the ER...I don't feel like I am having enough issues to warrant an ER visit.  The best way to explain it is that I just generally feel weird.  I am never sick or have medical issues...but this diziness, left temple pressure, shoulder pain,disorientation, constant coming and going headaches, and the anxiety just make me feel weird.  They gave me antibiotics, and I took migraine medicine.....neither helped at all.  An hypothesis was a possible sinus infection, but the antibiotics are doing nothing.  

Any help would be appreciated.  I have seen similar symptoms to mine posted on here....just would love to hear medical advice from professionals and people with similar situations to help me try and take care of this.  Sounds like most of the medical visits from others got the same results as mine...so hearing from someone similar would help
This could be due to an inner ear thing.  I have had many, many inner ear problems but mine are more chronic.  However, my brother, had the feelings you are describing and he was freaked since he never had any health issues either.  So he went to his physical therapist - one that specializes in ENT problems.  Turns out, there are calcium deposits that can build up over time in the inner ear (you see - the docs can only see as far as the ear drum with that ear thingy; not the inner ear).  So his PT did some sort of maneuver that dislodged the deposits, which just reabsorb into the system and then you are fine - at least my brother had total relief with this.  He also said that the PT he sees actually specializes in ear, nose and throat problems so he knew exactly what to do when my brother came in with symptoms that you have many of.

Best to you......... Hope it works!
I agree with the previous poster that this could be a inner ear issue. However, if that does not pan out, here is part of a post that I gave for someone with symptoms very similar to yours:
"1. The sternocleidomastoid muscles are most likely those which are giving you problems (Google for picture of this muscle if unfamiliar with its location). There are two of these muscles in the superficial layers of the anterior (front) portion of the neck that make the shape of a “V”, and they are primarily helpful in rotation, flexing and extension of the head. They run from the center of the sternum (breastbone) and the clavicle (collarbone) up to the mastoid process, a bone in the skull located behind the ears.  These muscles tend to "bunch up" and become sore/painful when left in this state for a period of time, (yes, it can occur on just one side and progress down the shoulder and into the arm sometimes all the way to the fingers). Press under the corner of your jaw (by your ear) to feel if it is unusually tender. If so, use a massage vibrator from behind the ear, to down under the jaw, working your way to where the clavicle meets the base of the neck next to the esophagus. When these muscles are in spasm they can cause headaches, and dizziness. I tend to see this in people that have high stress/anxiety or too much caffeine in their diet

2.  And/or a possible misalignment or injury to the cervical structure of the neck causing referred pain and numbness/dizziness. If you know a reputable chiropractor, pay them a visit to rule this out (or have it corrected)"

I have also seen a hand full of patients with refractory anxiety that had symptoms like yours, put on Gabatril. It is an anti-seizure medicine that when taken at low doses 4-16mg daily at bedtime works great for the anxiety with related muscle spasms and pain (It is also used as a migraine preventative in the same dose range).  Gabatril must be started at low dose (2mg) and increased by 2mg every two weeks until effective dose is achieved. Bad news is, it is not generic yet so it can be a bit pricey. I would try ibuprofen first to relieve the pain and spasm and hope the rest of the symptoms dissipate before going the more expense route.

I know this covers a lot of ground but maybe will give you some ideas.

Best of Luck,    
yes, i do agree with mklarson. because that is realy the exact info... just folow it