Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in leg age 11

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain in leg age 11

My daughter who is 11 almost 12, complains of a pain her upper thigh sometimes her lower leg, she says its a sharp stabbing pain that makes her cry. its not a growing pain. Sometimes she will get it in both legs. This is almost every day, we tried extra potassium in her body, nothing seems to help. I am starting to get worried about it.  any thought?
1 Comment
HI, I suffered from pain in my legs growing up, and they were always touted as growing  paints. I am not sure if growing pains are the culprit and I don't even know if they really know what causes this. Is she having cramping like Charlie horses along with this? Be careful not to overdue the potassium (which I am sure you are careful, and that you care about her very much) but it is possible to cause the potassium to go too high as in anything. These are questions that come to mind, but they are so you can think about them and see what you think is best too. Is this going on long term? Is it happening during the day too? Have you had her get a metabolic profile done and had her kidneys and liver checked? What I mean is, have the doctors done a regular physical? I am not sure if they run CMPs for kids unless needed. Another supplement greatly misunderstood in my personal opinion in magnesium. This may be something you might want to look into. However, I think with these pains continuing, it would be good to have her pediatrician take a look if they remain any longer. Well wishes, and bravo to you for caring and I hope you guys will be a okay.