Pain in neck cartid artery
2nd time in 4 months that I have had pretty stron pain in my neck, right side. Dr said it was my cartid artery and gave me an injection directly in my neck (artery). Now pain is back. What is this and could it be a sign of a serious problem? I dont want another shot in the neck-i'm scared.
Did the doctor order an ultrasound/doppler visual study of your carotid?  Did he/she order an ESR (blood test)?  You don't want a blocked carotid, certainly.  You might get a stroke, I would think, if it were too blocked, which is very serious.
Welcome to the forum!
A pain in the right side of neck could be due to carotid artery inflammation or clot or thrombosis. This cannot be just treated with injections into the artery. You would need a carotid artery angiogram. Please consult a vascular specialist regarding this if this is suspected and go about it ASAP.
The other possibility is that you developed wry neck or torticollis. This happens when a neck muscle goes into spasm. It relieves by itself in about 3 days time. No cause is known except probably poor posture during sleep. In almost all cases the person gets up from bed with this pain.
It could also be a pinched cervical spinal nerve.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required ASAP  keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A related discussion, Could Tumor be returning? was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.