Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in right chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain in right chest

Yesterday I had something strange happen.  I was sitting at the computer working (I use computers all day for work) and I suddenly got very light headed. dizzy and short of breath.  I got a pain centered in my right chest and the underside of my right arm and neck started tingling and felt numb.  This lasted for several minutes and then suddenly went away.  Since then, there has been a dull ache in my right chest, mostly under my right shoulder blade and sometimes my right arm.  I am not in particular good shape (as for exercise) and am a bit overwait (6' - 210lbs)  I am self employed and in the middle of a very large project and getting about 5-6 hours of sleep each night for the last month or so.  I am very stressed and figure this is related to that.  I do not have insurance and I am hesitant to go to a hospital, but would like to know if you might have some information regaurding what happened and if I should be concerned.  Thank you.
Tags: Pain, Chest, computers, dizzy, Neck, sleep, Work
It's probably a combination of stress and maybe OOS (or RSI) since you are on the computer all day. You should ask your doctor about symptoms for OOS. Light headed, dizzy and short of breath would be the stress, pain underside your right arm could be OOS. Or a stress reaction which happens to occur in you right arm as you are using it for the mouse. I'm not a expert, but am guessing some of this. I get some of these symptoms for stress sometimes, and my test have come out possitive.

Thanks for the post!

Your symptoms could be a combination of stress and physical inactivity and overuse of the right hand and wrong posture of the spine and neck. Most of the problems will go away, if you take short breaks in between work and stretch out. Deep breathing exercises should be done along with neck and shoulder exercises. Correct posture and use of a good computer chair and table is important. If you use a laptop, then also the same applies.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do let me know if there is any thing else. Take care!