Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in right upper side of stomach

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain in right upper side of stomach

I have been experiencing slight pain for the past 3-4 days in the right upper side of my abdomen just below the ribcage. The pain is not too severe but medium in nature and comes and goes every alternate second. I feel tired very easily. Urine is pale yellow colored. I have trouble sleeping at night.
I suffer from a sentinel pile/haemorroids/fissure  from time to time. I had undergone treatment for the same and had no problem for the past 10 months. However this problem has also resurfaced with the abdominal pain since past one week.
6 months back I had suffered from gatrex/gatritis(vomiting green fluid, burning sensation in stomach, green colored urine in morning and afternoon, pain in upper abdomen) which was treated successfully. I had also undergone a sonography of full abdomen and all reports came in normal.

Kindly advice.

Thanks and regards,
Vineetha
1 Comment
Welcome to the forum!
Right upper abdominal pain (under the ribcage) can be due to cholecystitis (inflammation of gall bladder), stones in gall bladder, abscess under the diaphragm, liver problems or due to duodenal ulcer. If you have accompanying heartburn or sometimes even without it, duodenal ulcer can present just with pain. Lifestyle changes and medication together bring good results. Since 6 months back you had a history of gastritis, this is the strongest possibility.
Very rarely pancreatitis can present with a right sided upper abdominal pain and not the typical pain in upper abdomen going to the back. This too is easily detected by CT scan and pancreatic enzymes.
I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system). It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!