Pain in upper Right side Shoulder neck area
In Dec of 2005 I slipped on the ice while getting groceries out of minivan and hit my right upper back on a trailer hitch.Ive had chronic pain since.I had xrays done ,my doc said muscle spasms and spinal contusion and i then received carpel tunnel from the injury as well.She put me on  flexeril and vicoden for pain.Three days later after i fell,i had a bad headache in my left eye,so bad i couldnt get out of bed.I have had other symtoms since as well,like getting light headed and falling,pains shooting down right arm,.heartburn,stabbing pains in right side of back, a hard time swallowing,my right hand turns a blueish purple color and hand,and chronic pain in my neck.I have been going to PT for 6 visits ,they now want to re-evaluate me because they think its doing no good and seems my symptoms are getting worse.My doctor has now shceduled an MRI,Last time i was at the doctors ,she had another doctor come in and look at me and she thinks a blood vessel is being compressed from the nerve,they now took me off flexeril and put me on neurontin 300mg at night,and vicoden 2 500mg 3x a day.I see no changesand still can pin point the pain in my upper rightside,neck and arm.Can anybody help me with this and any suggestions?
The MRI sounds like a good idea. See if they can do your shoulder and your head, since you've had headaches too.
I have been going through almost the same thing since 9/05 and I understand your frustration.  I just had one procedure and I will have another operation next month for my shoulder.  Notice it took 5 months for them to even do anything.  The MRI was what helped me, but it was only ordered for a small area - not for the entire area that was injured.  This week they finally listened to me and realized I injured more.  

It is important to see an orthopedic surgeon - even a neurologist.  I saw my neurologist on a scheduled checkup and complained to him that 2 other doctors did absolutely nothing about my shoulder and arm, and it was obvious something serious was wrong.  He sent me to the orthopedic surgeon.  Xrays won't show everything; MRI's won't show everything either -- it depends on how they are taken, etc.  

With insurance these days, all the doctors have a protocol to go through and they all named them off to me.  Cortisone shots, physical therapy, they went on down the list.   I hope you get relief soon.
Hello Terry.  Just browsing and seen your question. Do you ever get any kink of facial tingling when your shoulder is hurting?
The reason I asked, is I fell a few years back and my neck and shoulder hurts, also have headaches since then, but when my shoulder is really bothering me I get this strange, kinda like bugs crawling on my face, sometimes it will even tickle.  Just wondered if you get this?  Thanks.
Terry, let me know what you find out from your mri.  I have never had one done because I don't have insurance.  I have read on the internet so many people that also get this feeling on their face and they have mri's done and it comes back normal.  Good luck, hope you feel better.
Jenny,in fact yes i do especially around the mouth area.I have been back and forth to the doctor since Dec 29 and finally she is listening to me and have scheduled an MRI which is monday the 27th,The nuerontin she put me on has not helped or the PT,hopefully they will find out what is wrong with me.
I have some mild chest pain on the right hand side. It comes and goes and sometimes makes my shoulder and neck ache. its not restrictive to my activities but is annoying and comes and goes. Usually if I am tired.

I'm 33 and live a reletively healthy lifestyle barring my social smoking and drinking which is regular (2-3 times a week).

What could it be?