Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain on left side of head, headache....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain on left side of head, headache....

I am a 28 yr old female. Over the past two years, I have had a number of health issues to arise. For the past several months, I have had what started off as a dull stabbing pain in the top left side of my head toward the front, and in my left temple area. I have headaches that are particularly worse on the left side at least 4 days a week. Not sure if related or not, but I have a constant drainage down the back of my throat on the LEFT side. I can actually feel it. I sometimes have tingling on the left side of my face (was worse before, but not as much now). I am achy in my left arm and left leg at times also. The achiness feels like what I would describe as arthritis (never had it before). My left eye has recently began to feel puffy as if there is swelling behind it, although I can't see any swelling. My eye just slightly waters sometimes. Also, certain areas of the left side of my head are kind of tender to touch, not painful, but when I press on the areas they feel a little tender. These syptoms (symptoms) seem to be progressively getting worse. I dont know whether to go to an Ear nose and throat doctor or what?
This sounds like you have a sinus infection. I would go see an ENT to have it evaluated.
I agree that it could be sinus problems - I have had some of the same symptoms - especially sudden stabbing headaches in my left temple and behind my eye.  I am going to my opthomologist on Thursday just to check it out - to rule that out but have an appointment with neurologist on June 20...so ready to find out what is going on.  Good luck to you!
I too had the facial tingling left sided, head pains, had a brain MRI done at the end of April.  Radiologist noted "EXTENSIVE" sinus thickening in the sphenoid sinuses, lesser amounts in frontal area.  Been taking an antibiotic, seems the tingling has let up a good bit.  Hope this helps.
It could also be something a bit more. Years ago I was getting a lot of shape pains in my head. It felt like a knife was going in and out and it followed by a tingling sensation  where it felt like my head and face was all numb. I would sorta fade off and stare into space....After all the tests that I had done....it turned out that I was boarder line epileptic. This is what the doctors had called "Petite Seizure" the grand mall seizures are the ones where your whole body does the shake and you need medical attention. I learned throughout time to block out these incidents and in time they went away.  No medication was needed. And it does help if you keep your life stress free and exercise regularly.
Seems like a good suggestion. My opinion is that you should Stop Smoking and drinking alchol.
You need fresh air and fresh diet. All fresh than your health becomes your wealth. Secondly, settle down sharing your ideas with your partner will make you no longer independent

My experience with headaches on one side of the head was always diagnosed with migraine headaches, was perscribed Imitrex, and it worked.........good luck  But to the person who had the MRI, I have to agree with her.  If it is a persistant problem, get an MRI, it may validate the problem
For the past 3 years I have also been suffering from a pain on the left side of my head. It first started out as a tingling snsation at the top which was getting worse. I went to a neurologist who recommended nerve blocks. I took two at the  base of my head just behind the left ear, however that did not help much. I later did an MRI and the results were a swollen espenoidal sinus and assymmetric ventricular vein (left vein measured 5mm while right 13mm)which was said to be a birth defect and not the possible cause of the pain . I was prescribed flixonase but the pain just worsened. The side now feels inflammed and burns. Whenever i apply pressure especially close to the middle with my fingers pain shots down to my neck and ear which also feels blocked. Sometimes a sharp pain shots through my neck where i was injected and down my left arm. I extracted a wisdom tooth since my jaw pained when I eat however even after my gums healed my jaw still feels sore and if I press the side of my face the pain and tingling would increase at the top of my head. I also noticed that a bad tasting fluid drains at the back of my throat from my left nostril which always seems blocked.Sometimes breathing in deeply cause a burning sensation at the back of my head as if a nerve is exposed. A spot on the left side of my spine hurts at times so I was advised by another neurologist to do an MRI of the C-spine which showed a cervical disk protrustion in the c5/6 region which could be pressing on the nerves of the spinal cord. I was prescribe Lyrica and Norflex to take twice a day which blocks the pain and relaxes the muscles. I am getting some relief although my head still feels heavy and pressing on the areas triggers the pain but the medication is numbing the area and keepin the pain under control. I am continueing to use the flixonaise since I still get the drainage from my nostril and rub a lot of vicks around my ear and neck. I also use an analgestic pain reliever (Ice rub) on my spine. I know this might not be the ideal solution but I hope it can be of some help for u guys.....good luck  
sharp pain on the left of my face side  and behind my eye wat can it be ????? regards kris
A related discussion, A lot of symptoms, but no answers! was started.