Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain on right side, explosive diarrhea, nausea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had pain in my right side now for over four weeks. It started out in the lower part but seems to be from the ribs down to the pelvic bone now. Along with this, I have had explosive yellow diarrhea(off and on),nausea and a lot of belching. I have also experienced pain on the right side of my chest. I went to the ER three weeks ago and had a cat scan done. They said that I had a stone that was 1.5mm in size in my ureter. I went the next week to see a urologist and he looked at the cat scan x rays. He stated that he did not think it was a kidney stone and that it did not look like it was in the ureter. Being that the scan was done without contrast he ordered another one with contrast. Also, I did not have blood in my urine at the ER or at the urologist. I then two days later had the cat scan done with contrast and was told over the phone(briefly) that I would need to follow up with my family doctor and that there were no kidney stones. I was also told that they saw a cyst on my ovary. I have been taking percocet and nausea medication for four weeks now. The pain has only gotten worse and I am finding myself taking up to six percocet a day and phenergan every time I eat. Every time I eat it feels like a cheese grinder is in my stomach. I am really getting tired of taking this medication and feeling this way daily. If anyone could give me some suggestions I would so appreciate it!! Thank you! :)
1 Comment
The symptoms that you are having seem to be due to ovarian cysts and moreover the scan with contrast is clearing it. They are small fluid-filled sacs that develop in a woman's ovaries. Most cysts are harmless, but some may cause problems such as rupturing, bleeding, or pain; and surgery may be required to remove them. My sincere advice is to get them evaluated from a gynecologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.