Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain on right side of body starting under rib cage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain on right side of body starting under rib cage

About 2 days ago, I started having a pain right under my rib cage on the right side.  Now the pain has gotten worse, but it only hurts badly when I'm standing.  While laying or sitting down its not so bad.  I have been slightly light headed and nausious(sp?) but am unable to figure out what may be causing these pains.  Anyone have any ideas?
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
There are probably lots of different things that could cause these symptoms....maybe gallstones?  The liver is also in that area.....I had pain in that area a couple of years ago and my liver was slightly enlarged and fatty.....no problems since then but I do remember cutting out artificial sweetners as they were shown to have an impact on fatty/enlarged liver.  I was nauseous at the time too.

Try to make note of whether it bothers you after eating certain foods.....I work with someone who swears his gallbladder 'flares up' when he eats fatty foods.
It really helps to note when you have this pain to figure out what might be similar in these episodes.

Good luck
Blank
This is a constant pain, it doesn't really matter if or what I eat, and it cannot be galstones, I have my galbladder removed a few years back because of galstones.
Blank
I have adhesions (scar tissue) from gallbladder surgery, pain pretty much 24/7 under my right rib.  I had my gallbladder removed 9 yrs. ago, and with that I got IBS w/ severe diarrhea (pain and fatigue, alot of acid).   I take Questran (generic Cholestrymine) 1 tsp. w/ water at bed (One package can be to binding and constipate.),  It binds bile and stops my diarrhea.  If I don't take this at bedtime.  The next morning, no matter what I put in my mouth I will have diarrhea.  IAlso, try Protonix for acid.  I cannot eat gassy fruits or vegies, citrus or acidic foods, no fried or fatty foods, no dairy, no alcohol, caffiene, garlic, onions.  I eat low sugar, low fat meals - oatmeals, fiber one bars, fruit & nut bars, lean quisine meals, applesauce, activia yogurt. No real people food.
The Questran is a miracle for me.  I've just been put on Symax an antispasm med for your digestion. I also have dyspepsia (difficulty digesting). I live w/ pain everyday due to digestion and adhesions and it disrupts my life and family.
Good luck, I wish you all well.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...