Painful and Swollen Veins in Arm
I'm a 23 year old male. I am 6' tall and weigh 195lbs. I workout 5 times a week and have for the past 5 years. I am in pretty good physical shape and I'm around 12% body fat. The last couple times I have done any workouts involving my biceps the veins on the front side of my elbow on my left arm have swollen up pretty big and are starting to hurt. I have pretty big veins running through both arms but in the area in front of my left elbow they have been swelling up bigger than the right side. The vein that hurts the most is the one that runs down my bicep and to the outside of my elbow. I can feel what feels like another vein running 90 degrees off of that vein towards the outside of my arm, and it is tender to the touch. I have been worried about the veins rupturing and am now scared to workout. So I guess what I'm asking is, is there any chance that these veins could rupture or are they just doing what they are suppose too? I have had these same symptoms in the past but never quite this bad. Also, I am not taking any supplements besides a protein shake after I workout. A little over a year ago I use to use nitric oxide products that would make my veins really swollen but haven't taken them in over a year. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any input.
Well, if you have had it before then it should be alright. Though, since they are real swollen (worse than the last), you should give your arms a break. Do smaller work-out and work your way up again. If they do rupture, and your as healthy as you proclaim, you should feel pain, yes, but it may heal quick. Work slowly, though.