Painful and movable knot under skin
I am confused. I can understand getting a lump or bump on your skin when you injure it however, I have a moveable cyst like thingy under the skin by my knee. I don't think cysts are painful so what could it be?
Welcome to the forum!
Well, cysts can be painful. If the cyst like swelling is more towards the back of the knee, then it can be a Baker’s cyst or a popliteal cyst. The other possible cysts are sebaceous cysts which occur due to blocked sebaceous glands. These can occur anywhere in the body, including around the knee joint.
The swelling could also be a localized collection of blood, a synovial fluid leak and localized collection. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining. Do consult your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!