Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Painful in back of knees

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Painful in back of knees

Went to see my Doctor yesterday and while thre mentioned pain in back of knees and parotid nodes >3m
He said I'd no lymph nodes in the back of my knee (even though I can't remember having my popliteal nodes surgically removed)
I'd lymph discomfort / pain all over a couple of months back (arms, chest, armpits, thigh, neck, groin ...)
This is strange. I almost feel the same. Also some kind of weird pain (normally just for a couple of minutes or hours) in regions where I suspect lymph nodes: knee, neck, parotid, armpits, groin). But except of the back of my left knee there are no swellings, at least I can't see nor feel.

Frank, how do you feel now? Still have these sensations?

Please let me know if you find out what might cause this pain.

Thanks.
BTW: I just used the search function and found this weird symptom appears quite often.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/484465

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/301404

Is it maybe just anxiety related? But the pain is existing, it's not just in my mind...
Yes, still  have the discomfort at back of knee and suspect popliteal nodes as I still have discomfort in my parotid and inginuals, though not to the same extent.
Frank, did your doc mention anything about a cyst in regards to your knee, like a popliteal cyst? Wouldn't explain feelings in other areas though. Just trying to think what might be in that area besides lymph nodes.
Yes Insina, still have sore nodes all day every day. No I didn't touch them, don't second guess me.
I just got an MRI and was diagnosed with a damaged meniscus in both of my knees. This might be the reason of the pain. But as they also found fluid in my knees (caused by the damaged meniscus) there could be also so called Baker Zysts (collections of fluid behind the knee) which cause pain.

Another thing that came to my mind when they told me about the fluid, is some kind of arthritis. I read that arthritis can cause nodes (not lymph nodes). And reactive arthritis as caused by Chlamydia for example can also occur in the knees and neck and shoulders. And it can cause swollen lymph nodes...