Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Painful lump below ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Painful lump below ear

For the past five days I have had a lump below my ear in the area where the jaw hinge is. It's smaller than a marble, but painful to the touch. It's hard to tell if I can move it or not. Last week I had a bad spell of vertigo which I've never had before. I went to the doctor, but didn't have the lump at the time. The lump is on the same side as the positional vertigo ear. Any ideas what it could be?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The lump could be due to inflammation of the temperomandibular joint, an abscess, a boil or a cyst. It could also be an inflamed lymph node. Since you also have dizziness, this could be due to TMJ. Please consult your PCP and get this evaluated.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!

Avatar n tn
sorry i dont but good luck searching for help.