Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Painless bump on the inside of my bottom lip

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what this is. Yesterday I noticed a small bump in my mouth on the inside of my bottom lip. (stretch your lip out and the bump I have is right in front of the line) It really isn't visible but it is raised and kind of white. It doesn't hurt or anything like that I just can feel it when I run my tongue inbetween my lips and my teeth. Maybe I hit my chin on something and it cause a bump in my mouth? It's not a canker sore because it doesn't hurt and doesn't look like the pictures I found on the internet. It just looks like a pimple or something. The area around it looks normal and fine. I know you guys can't give me a diagnosis but maybe somebody has had the same thing or kinda have an idea of what it is? Can you get pimples in your mouth?? Thanks
It may be a mucocele (a blocked salivary gland).  If it is clear, raised it should dissolve soon.  Hope this helps.
Hello Nina2008, I have noticed a lump in my mouth exactly like you described. Did you ever figure out what it was? And how did you deal with it? Thanks a lot
Can you tell me what this was...I have the same exact thing!
I noticed a small pimple like bump on my upper gums about a week ago, it hurt at first but no longer hurts now, whits stuff has come out of it twice and each time it fill back up, just like a pimple on your face. Could this be an std or something else. Please Help Extreamly worried
I think so, I kinda had mine very soon after being exposed to sex, so it could be it.

Or it could be related to acne, although everyone disagrees, I had mine on a time I was suffering from a serious acne breakout, so atleast I think that's possible.
i had one very similar. its called a mucous rentention cyst, or a mucocele. mine was painless and are bothersome to look at, but they are not contagious.
i had mine removed by a doctor. all they are are saliva glands that get blocked, and a cyst like formation appears.
I had a bump under my tongue just like your description. It would come and go about every 3 days. Once it kept coming back it started I hurt more and grow bigger so I started to pop it with a needle to relieve the pain.a slimy gross puss would come out.  I went to an oral surgeon and he said it was a blocked saliva duct. He said they are really common in the bottom lip. I had surgery but when he did surgery, he ended up blocking another duct so i had surgery again and it worked. It hasn't came back since. The pain of the surgery only lasted a few days but it wasnt that bad. So maybe this is your problem.