Pectus carinatum
So about 3 years ago, my ex boyfriend had a surgery for his Pectus carinatum...Lately he complains of chest pain, and tonight...he is curled up into a ball saying that his chest is hurting. He says the small bone at the bottom of his sternum was broken in the surgery, I suppose they did it to help fix his problem. But now he says it feels like it is stabbing him in the stomach, on the inside...He doesn't have insurance, and he wont let me pay for a visit to the emergency room, so this is the best I can do...If anyone knows what is wrong...please get back to me, I'm very worried about him..

Your friend needs to go to an emergency room for medical care. Sudden, severe pain in the abdomen or the chest can result from a lot of causes  which may not be related to the surgery. These could be ulcer, cardiac illness, lung disease etc.

A complete medical evaluation along with an CT scan/xray should be able to diagnose the problem so that corrective medical treatment can be started right away.
Take care and let us know the follow up.

Regards.
Hello Dr. Smita,
Do you have any idea as to how much that would cost? That is his main issue, he doesn't have health insurance and is tight on cash..
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.