Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pelvic pain...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pelvic pain...

A couple times a year I get extreame pelvic pain.  The first time it happened, I was sitting down and went to put my legs on the couch, I got this awful stabbing pain about two inches below my belly button that went to my vagina.  Immediatly after I got the urge to pee.  Hunched over I walked to the bathroom and tried to pee, which I did, it was difficult to start and continue to flow.  It also caused the same stabbing pain in my pelvic area.  I went to the ER and the DR said was an ovarian cyst.  Since then I have been told it can't be that because I am on birth control and the pain is not localized to either the right or left side.   I even had an internal ultrasound which came back normal.  Normally the pain will last for a day or two, sometimes just an hour.  Usually movement, like stretching, or deeply inhaling will trigger it.

About a week ago I got the pain again.  Still not knowing what it is, I went to the gyno; she did a pap test and lap test which all have come back normal.  I thought it might have been a UTI or Kidney Stones, again those tests for normal.

I still have the pain today, not as bad, mostly dull, but it will sometimes flare up.  So since last week I have had frquent urination, difficulty starting and keeping the flow when urinating and sometimes the stabbing pain.  

The gyno suggested I follow up on a Colonoscopy I need to have because of IBS.

I am only 26 so when I do see doctors they usually tell me nothing is wrong, because I am too young to have anything wrong.  I went to urgent care last week for other issues (dizziness, fatige, shortness of breath and some nauesea - in addition to the pelvic and urninary problems) and that doctor even went so far as to tell me all my symptoms are stress related and suggested I start Prozac.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Kim

There are a few possibilities for your symptoms which might need evaluation.Firstly,You being a female,the first possibility that arises is PID(pelvic inflammatory disease) ovarian cyst,stretching of the ligaments of the uterus or ectopic pregnancy.What about your periods?are they regular and normal?
Second possibility is of Inflammatory bowel disease(crohn’s and ulcerative colitis).A colonoscopy and biopsy will be helpful in ruling it out.

Third possibility is of chronic or recurrent UTI,s.complete urine examination and culture are needed to diagnose them.

All these possibilities need evaluation by a urologist and gynecologist.Treatment will depend on diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi kidnd,

I used to get urinary infections when I was little, but I havn't had one since I was seven and I know what those feel like and it's not that.  Also, i have had two test done when I had these pains and they both came back normal.  Two doctors have told me it can't be cysts because I am on birth control.  Because I am on birth control my periods are very regular, I start the same day, have practically no cramping, very light periods for four days with very regular flow (cycle).

I have never had a STD and have only been with one partner.  I have never had a pelvic exam come back abnormal and they do regular STD testing with those.  I have also never been pregnant...

I did take blood and stool samples for bowel problems which all came back normal as well.  I am supposed to have a colonoscopy, I just need to make an appointment.

I was hoping it would have been something simple :)...I sometimes wish it was one of the above things (of course some are worse then others).