Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Peticheae

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Peticheae

I have been having something that looks like peticheae on my face. This is the second time it happens to me in  a month - although I do recall I had this when I was younger (17-18 years old, I am now in my mid-twenties). About a month ago it turned up and it gradually disappeared in a matter of days. I first thought it was an allergic reaction but it turned out not to be - I am not allergic to any other substances. The actual cause of the small red spots in my face remained unknown. I got these peticheae again a month later and tried to think about circumstances (things I had been eating, etc.) that were similar to the last time I had it. And I think this may be constipation related. Could this be? I figured it could be related to what women have after giving birth to a child (from the pressure) or peticheae as a result of vomiting, excessive coughing etc. in children.

Just for your information: it is a red non palpable "rash" that consists out of tiny spots from a fraction of a mm to a mm. They don't disappear when pressure or force is applied onto them. They mainly appear around the eyes (although maybe not as many on the upper eye lid) and randomly on the face with a higher concentration on my forehead.

Nobody seems to have an answer so far, so why not ask you? :)
1 Comment
See http://www.aafp.org/afp/2004/1201/p2197.html and it might have more links as well as information.