Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Phleboliths in pelvic area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Phleboliths in pelvic area

I just wanted  to know what it means for this to show up in the results of your pelvic ct scan as an incidental finding? What does it mean and what causes it. How can it get treated. Last time I had a lung x-ray done 7 years ago and scoliosis was an incidental finding and the doctor told me not to worry about it. I now have pain all the time and am getting it treated with the chiropractor. I have lost faith in many doctors. I know some of them care.
Hi PrettyKiity808, welcome to the Urogynecology community.

Phleboliths are growths or deposits that show up in the wall of a vein, they are usually either a calcium or lime type deposit. Most adults have these to some degree so having them is by itself not a cause for alarm, but sometimes they can be indicative of something more.  If your pain is internal tissue pain, you really should explore beyond chiropractic. I'm going to send a request that your post be sent over to the Undiagnosed Symptoms Forum, maybe they can point you in a direction after they connect with you. Good luck, I hope you find the answers you need!

Sher
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Again just like scoliosis phleboliths can just be an incidental finding. These are calcified deposits in the gonadal veins. If they cause a disturbance in the blood flow, they can cause pain in the pelvic area. A vascular surgeon can treat this for you.
If you have a past history of pelvic or abdominal surgery, then the pain can be due to adhesions. These cannot be diagnosed by any tests or imaging. Only diagnosis is be laproscopy and treatment is cutting the adhesions.
Pain in the lower abdomen, pelvis, and vagina can be due to infection, pelvic inflammatory disease, UTI, STD, uterine fibroids, urinary bladder infection or cystitis. If you do not have any discharge and there is no other symptom then it can also be due to pinched nerve (either pudendal or spinal). These conditions are broadly classified as chronic pelvic pain syndrome. The intensity of pain depends on the degree of inflammation and thus compression. This can vary.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Welcome to the community and thanks so much for shining light on phleboliths!
Sher