Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Piles and fibre

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Piles and fibre

I have tried eating lots of oats,banana,apples,oranges,grapefruit.spinach and broccoli but none seem to work.In addition,i drink lots of water,lots of veg,minimum meat  and play tennis 3 times a week.Each session lasts about 2 hrs.
I still get piles every time i have bowel movement which is everyday.By the way,there is no straining or pushing the bowel and most of the time it is soft,not hard.
So,what could be wrong?
Adding Vaseline on a plastic bag and applying to the anus slowly is the only way to push the pile back.Then,all is ok until the next BM.
Can anybody help?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
You probably have prolapsed piles. There is no medical treatment and no diet change can help treat it. The only treatment is surgery or laser. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please consult a surgeon.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

yup,i guess so..i spoke to my doctor and was prescribed some cream..but it doesn't work..so the best i could do is apply vaseline..but since it is non-organic,i might switch to olive oil just bacause it natural :) i might as well learn to live with it!
thanks anyway
When piles bleed there is blood loss. In one case I am personally aware of the hematocrit dropped to a life-threatening 16 directly due to blood loss from minor "piles". In terms of the treatment options laser is probably best, however sometimes the damage is so extensive only surgery is an option. This is a common problem and most medical facilities know exactly what to do and do it well. Most surgical interventions for "piles" have positive happy outcomes. One thing is for certain. They will continue to get worse as you grow older. Surgical or laser treatment usually ends the problem and I would recommend this option rather than continueing to fool around with creams.
thanks caregiver222..it was my doctor that prescribed me the creams..no surgery was recommended..since the creams didn't work and it seems it is a normal to have piles as one ages,i accept it as an inevitable side of life..
as one eats,one must also have BM,life is like that so i believe piles is a common side of aging which all of us encounter..it is a minor inconvenience but hey,i can cope with it..in the meantime,i will carry on my TCM  ...byeeee