Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pinched nerve
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pinched nerve

I went to my doctor earlier this week because of pain radiating from my lower back on the left side all the way down to my toes.  He told me I more than like have a pinched sciatic nerve.  He has ordered a MRI but insurance has not approved it.  I've tried heat and ice on my leg.  It now feels like it is asleep and trying to wake up (pins and needles).  I can however walk on it.  My calf feels like it is tight like when you get a charlie horse and wont relax.  Now my lower left leg from the knee down is ice cold.  It still has color, it is not blue but I dont know if I should try to go to the emergency room or what?  Everything I've read about pinched nerves says that they eventually go away and that you have the pins and needles feeling.   But nothing about it feeling cold.  Has anybody ever had this???  Please let me know