Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pins and needles dwn left side of body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pins and needles dwn left side of body

Hi there

My name is Ehiah.  I am a 27 year old male.  6ft2.   98 kg.  Med build and consider myself to be reasonably healthy.

For the last few weeks I have had these pins and needles feeling down the leftside of my body.  As I am still young I am very worried about dying or becoming paralysed.

I first noticed this feeling as a sore  left shoulder from sleeping incorrectly but then the pins and needles were added to my left arm. And has recently moved from there to the leftside of my body.  I dont feel in anyway different appart from the pins and needles that I get and the pain in my shoulder...

Im am in Australia at the moment and cannot afford medical assistance here and I have 2 weeks to go before I return home to New Zealand where I am able to afford treatment.

Could someone please assist me with some advice on this problem ASAP?

Kind Regards

E L Wilson
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
This looks like an episode of transient ischemic attack wherein the blood supply to brain is temporarily cut off. The episodes last for a maximum of 24 hours and then resolve or a new symptom starts. Otherwise it could be due to nerve compression very high up in the cervical vertebra.
On a lighter note it could be exposure to cold air on a particular side of your body or wrong sleeping posture.
Another possibility is Vitamin B12 deficiency. Underactive thyroid and diabetes too should be ruled out. Sometimes migraine too presents with these kind of unrelated symptoms. Please consult a neurologist. You may need to undergo MRI of the brain or cervical spine.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!