Please help. Waves of "sickness"...?
Hello.  I am a 23 year old female.  My symptoms first started about one year ago, but recently have become much more prevalent and persistent.

What happens is:  I begin to feel nauseous.  Then, my heart starts to race very quickly... (my mother counted my pulse during one episode as 240 BPM).  My head starts pounding, I lose my hearing or it becomes very muffled, and then I black out.  

I don't recall what happens when I black out.  I usually wake up and I am on the floor.  I am told during one of these episodes, that my eyes stay open after I pass out - even though I don't remember seeing anything - and I continue to moan or breathe very heavily.   My body loses all muscle tone and rigidity, and I collapse.

I am usually out for about 15 to 30 seconds, so not too long.  After I "wake up", I can barely hear anything.  It sounds like water is rushing through my ears.  Then, I feel very detached from my surroundings, and I everything is kind of... scary?  I don't know how to describe it, but I don't feel connected to my surroundings at all.  Sometimes my vision stays sort of dimmed, like if the whole room were cast in a very low light... and occasionally, everything has a purple-like hue to it.  Also, my cheeks get very flush and I feel like I am sunburnt (not the stinging, just the heat all over my body).

After one of these spells, I feel very sick for the remainder of the day and into the next day as well.  I feel nauseous and weak, and I am usually very pale.  Sometimes I continue to be shaky for the following day.  I also get very tired, and emotional the next day.  I can't explain why, but I always end up crying the whole day after one... not because I am scared or sad, but I just feel like crying.

Please help, it's beginning to scare me.  My doctor says it's "nothing".  Thank you.
get a new doctor, that sounds bad...
have you had you blood sugars checked? i have a sister in law who is low blood sugar. and get a new doctor. curant one sound slike he doesn't care. when you feel it coming on get to an emergancy room so they can monitor it. sounds very bad!
oh... most hospitals have a plan to help people who have no insurance or money. a lot of our bills have been paid in full by this plan