Please help, unbearable itchy scalp & neck
My scalp is currently burning and itching, I'm sitting here running a brush through it because it just won't stop, my head has been kind of itchy for the passed couple weeks but I didn't think much of it since I thought it was just dandruff, it wasn't too bad until tonight, and now it's affecting my neck but not as bad my head. I haven't changed hair products, and my scalp has no signs of a rash/bumps/lice. Please offer me your best advice! Thank you!
my scalp use to itch like that very badly jst make sure u keep ur hair & scalp moisturez  very good
Not sure why your neck would be itchy unless it's near your scalp/hairline?  If so, I started getting this all of a sudden about 3 years ago.  I think the doctor called it Seborrheic Dermatitis (a severe type of dandruff).  I tried everything (before going to the dermatologist) to get rid of it but I had bad itching, flaking, peeling, and even a little bleeding on my scalp.  There are a few things to treat it, one of which is a foam with some kind of steroid in it but it was very expensive since my insurance didn't cover it (like $200-300).  I used it once for about a month but then it came back a few months later so I decided to see a dermatologist to see what else was out there.  She prescribed me 4 different types of shampoos/treatments. One was just like a tar shampoo like Neutrogena T-Gel. One was a see-thru red shampoo.  One smelled similar to the T-gel but was prescription strength and was a tan/pinkish color.  The last one was a squirt bottle type thing to put directly on my scalp at night.  Basically I alternated these treatments every week or two and it usually got better within a week and completely cleared up a month later.  The prescriptions were only around $35 for all of them and they last for awhile.

Point is, maybe try Neutrogena T-gel but if that doesn't work, go to a dermatologist to see what they recommend.  I know it's terribly embarrassing to be in a social setting and have these issues so I wish you the best of luck!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Sudden itching can be due to dry scalp. Apply some warm oil and gently massage and see. You can also take a warm water bath after that—this may stop the itch. Oils with camphor and similar products that control itching are available. Otherwise, it can also be due to dandruff. This can be treated by shampoos and tablets under supervision of a skin specialist.
Nerve compression in the upper cervical vertebra too can be the cause. Take care!