Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Please help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Please help!!

So my wife is having unexplained weight loss, extreme fatigue, weakness, dirrahea, loss of appetite. She went to a  doctor for blood testing, and they said everything was fine, they did a CT scan, and it showed nothing wrong, they are going to do a colonoscopy to see if anything is wrong, but they don't really seem to care about the problem anymore. They tell her it is all in her head, and so she is basically wasting away doing nothing, because they refuse to do anything. She is getting tired of them saying nothing is wrong, you are okay, when she continues to feel weak and have nausea. She keeps losing weight, so she says she would rather just sit there and not eat. The doctors say they don't know anything about the weight loss. I have told her to try a new doctor, but they all keep giving her different answers. She expected to have celiac disease, but is not sure, the doctors tell her it is not, but have not done test to confirm anything. She is just at the point of where no one is doing anything, and she can not keep doing this any longer. So please if you have symptoms like these, and found a way to get help, please help!

This discussion is related to Unexplained EXTREME weight loss.
hello i dont know if my answer is going to be much use to you but my sister had similar symptoms and she found out that she had TB.you need to go back to back to the doctors and not leave until you have had a full MoT. ps my  sister lost 3 st in 6 months.
I would suggest, even though the docs haven't done any testing for celiac, if your wife thinks that might be what she has, that she tried a gluten free diet and see if it makes any difference.

She might also try experimenting with other foods to see if anything seems to aggravate the symptoms at all.

I hope you can find some answers soon!
hi, im not sure if i can help, but what she is exeriencing sounds very fimiliar to me, two years ago i was having very sim\milar symptoms and i could not get any answers i had every test and was in and out of appointments at my doctors and testing at the hospital, they found nothin that could suggest anything was physically wrong with me, they claimed it was all in my head but i wouldnt believe them and ended up loosing hope and fall into a very dark place two years later i have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia( a horrible condition) they say this can happens from a combination of things. but my symptoms started as major weight lose, fatigue, insomnia, weakness, muscle pain the list goes on.
i am so sorry to hear of the struggles your wife and yourself are going through, i know how frustratting it is to not have answers i know the pain it causes, especially when you do so much  tests and the only answer you get it the one you cant believe (such as its all in the head) i wish you both luck in trying to despatly find your answers, it so so hard but dont give up!!!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Unintentional and unexplained weight loss is definitely not good. There are many causes like worms in stool, depression, anorexia nervosa, AIDS, cancers especially colon cancers, drug abuse, infections and loss of appetite. Loss of appetite can again be due to certain medications, drug abuse, depression, AIDS, acute and chronic infections, cancers and hypothyroidism. Either she does not eat well or there is increased metabolism as in hyperthyroid states, HIV, cancer etc. Poor absorption as in irritable bowel syndromes and malabsorption syndromes too is possible. Malabsorption syndromes are seen in intestinal tuberculosis, HIV, tropical sprue, parasites in stool and Whipple’s Disease. Diabetes too can be the cause.
I understand your wife has undergone many tests. See this list to find out if anything was missed. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!