Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Positive lyme

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Positive lyme

For 2 months I have been having weakness in arms and legs, heavy chest, fasciculations all over body, and a feeling of something caught in my throat. Also no appetite and weird feeling in my left side of face. I am clumsy too. This started August 14th, On August 20th I had a lyme test that was negative. Since then I have had several Mri's, Mra, Catscans, Bloodwork, thyroid checked, ecg,s All which were negative. I have a Emg shceduled for tuesday. I am scared Of Als. I Just seen a new doctor on Wednesday and have more blood work. I got a letter in the mail and it said my lyme test was positive But she does not want to see me for 3 weeks. I never had a fever or rash. My question is Can this test be wrong? Is Als and Lyme connected? I am a 30 year old female.

Hi springbrock,

There is no connection between ALS  &  lyme disease. Lyme disease is caused by an infected tick bite. Unfortunately, many people who suffer from lyme disease have a negative blood test and then find out later, that they do in fact have lyme disease. There are false negatives and also, sometimes the result is negative because the bacteria isn't present in that particular sample of blood. I am happy to hear that your physician must have repeated your bloodwork and test and you finally have your diagnosis !

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/ld_humandisease_symptoms.htm
Please check out the following web site, it has a great forum and tons of caring people who can help you through your Lyme Disease Diagnosis.

www.lymenet.org

Just click on flash discussion to reach the forums.
Hi, I was wondering about what test you had done for Lyme.  Was the standard ELISA test or the Western Blot?  I was tested for Lyme in April with the ELISA, it was normal, I have had weird symptoms though for 5-6 years, they say that it is only detectable in the first few weeks of infection.  I just started now with the fasciculations for the past few weeks, but I don't know if this could be because of the Xanax that I take.  My symptoms are: tickly feeling on face, kinds like bug crawling, this lasts for a few seconds, xanax helps alot, and so had PT, a burning feeling on the inside of my legs from groin to knee, this happened after I fell in our perc test hole, but bothers me alot on a daily basis, headaches, been relieved alot from the PT also, sinus problems, and ear pain, xanax helps this also.  I'm kinda concerned about lyme because my husband has removed 2 ticks out of his arm in the past 8 years, they were deer ticks, they were sent away to a lab, it was confirmed that it was.  Thanks for your time. Oh yeah, I think I have developed sleep apnea, because I wake up gasping for breath, not every night, but has happened a good bit lately. I don't have no numbness, weakness, joint or muscle pain, just the creepy crawling feeling when I wear clothing.  Sorry for rambling, thank you!!!!!