Possible allergic reaction to marijuana?
I have experienced one of the weirdest things in my life. A friend of mine who is a 19 yr old athlete, and also takes topomax 25mg and adderall 20 mg, smoked marijuana and completely lost his mind. He began by throwing up and screaming at the top of his lungs things that did not make any sense. Random names, numbers, words, phrases all sorts of things. But during these spells its almost as if he is unconscious. He had no recollection when he came too about 1 minute later. He acted completely normal, then he would slip into this rage and screaming filled spells. He even attempted to pull hit privates off inflicting pain into himself. it was as if he couldn't feel pain. Does anyone have any direction to send me in to search further?
Thank you
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Loss of memory, precipitation of epilepsy, suicidal tendencies etc are side effects of Topamax and can be worsened if one also smokes marijuana.  Similarly marijuana can potentiate or increase the side effects of Adderall which also include unusual behavior, rage, infliction of injury etc. It is best to avoid marijuana while on these drugs.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.