Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Possible injury to distal bicep tendon?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible injury to distal bicep tendon?

I had circuit training at the gym two days ago. Was my 2nd workout in a long time - used minimum weight thus. Yesterday I noticed pain at the inside of elbow joint - especially when straightning my arms. Today I'm unable to straighten either arm (pain+++) and bending all the way also causes pain. Can straighten to about 130 degrees, but severe pain I try more. Pain also severe when arms are hanging down my sides.

I did some research and suspect injury to the distal bicep tendon, but not sure how severe and whether or not I should seek medical attention. I did not hear/feel any popping and directly after exercise (two days ago) I just felt a little stiff. As mentioned, discomfort started yesterday with some pain in the evening. I was however awaken by the pain during last night. I do not notice any redness or swelling.

I've tried cold compresses for about 20min at a time; no improvement yet (actually seems to be getting worse). After a period of not moving the arm (even just 30min), moving the arms again (either bending or strainghtning) causes even more pain. The pain is constant, but arms seem to be most comfortable at abot 100 degrees. I do think I have some loss of strength and certainly extreme pain when trying to lift something.