Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Possible parasite - in head/oral area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Possible parasite - in head/oral area

Since 2001 I've had a problem that is probably parasitic and is getting worse and worse and now is getting to the life-threatening stage.
I seem to have a parasite that has moved upwards from my digestive system into my oral area, ALL my breathing passages and into my upper sinus areas. I'm to the point that my breathing is getting restricted, whether I breathe through my nose or my mouth. In 2003 I had a 6 inch pencil-thick worm drop out of me onto the floor prior to bathing. Unfortunately it got flushed down the toilet by my husband. But I have a lot of 'specimens' of smaller mucousy white things with a 'blob-like' head that I've sneezed out or have crawled out of my mouth while sleeping. Due to extensive travel around USA and work as a photojournalist I was exposed to many unsanitary conditions in the past. Plus I was exposed to a flea infestation in 1999 and again in 2001 and was severely bitten for weeks.
I was living in a 'bad' house with a friend and one day went to flick something out from under my fingernail using my teeth. Small white and oval (maggot???). It burrowed into the roof of my mouth immediately and this started this whole thing. I need help because I think that this will kill me before much longer due to my congenital heart defect and history of Hepatitis C. Plus it is keeping me from eating normally due to pain and discomfort.
1 Comment
Welcome to the forum!
The best way to proceed is to get a stool test done. This will reflect the cyst, egg, whole worm or sheddings of any worms in the gut. Also you can get any worms or mucosal scrapings of your mouth tested. Once the parasite is identified, there are many courses of medicines that can help. Please consult an internal medicine specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A related discussion, head mass was started.