Possible side effects from MRSA medications
I have been a healthy athlete since I was 12 years old...I am now 39 and an avid runner for years off and on.  I have completed 6 10-mile races and a couple of 1/2 marathons at a fairly good speed.  I had MRSA (staff infection) multiple times in the year 2008 and 2009 ending up in hospital with 2 of the bouts.  I am now symptom free of MRSA for over a year but have had multiple issues now with tendons and nerves especially when I exercise and an ongoing shaky hand.  This makes no sense since I have been an extremely healthy individual and am now concluding that this may be a result of long term side effects of Levaquin, clydomiacin, and others??? I was training for a full marathon and didnt get that far into it due to tendonitis in calf and left arm and multiple other strains?  What to do and will this go away?

0
1. What to do?

0
2. MRSA side effects from medications?
There has been documented instance of tendon damage from exposure to a class of antibiotic known as fluroquinolones, notably Levaquin. Unfortunately, the damage is often irreversible.

The other co-factor involves bacterial toxins released when bacteria die, which also cause cellular damage.