Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Post arthroscopy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post arthroscopy

I am a 31 yrs ol female. I have had a painful left knee since 1.5 yrs ago after I jumped from a height of  about 1m. the symptoms gradually worsened and made me housebound for about 2-3 months. so many consultants seen me and didn't understand any thing, they were saying every thing is perfect. Finally a consultant sugested that I need a knee arthroscopy as I have a cyst attached to my ligaments PCL and ACL. and I have plica symptom. I didn't want to have the arthroscopy because I was worried about the scar tissues on my knee post op.
Finally, I had an Arthroscopy 2 weeks ago for removal of a cyst of 15mmx13mmx13mm which was betwenn PCL and ACL. The doc also removed some fibrous tissue/septum from my patella (called plica).
My knee is still very swollen and painfull, is it normal? The scars are not too bad, the doc told me to put only moistoriser on at this stage! when I asked about scar treatment cream, he refused the idea and repeated only normal moistoriser! wot else is good to put on to get rid of scar tissue, had any body tried any thing new?also is the inflammation on the knee cap normal after 2 weeks? I am still walking with crutches. Thanx Nilu

This discussion is related to leg swelling after knee arthroscopy.