Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Post shingles rash

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Post shingles rash

Five months ago I had a severe case of shingles on my upper back, under my arm and upper chest. It took a month for all the blisters to finally heal. I am now having small blisters pop up anywhere that resemble the shingle blisters. They come open and crust over. It takes about three weeks for them to finally disappear. There is usually only one in an area. I've also just been diagnosed with a autoimmune disorder of my bile ducts. I was wondering if their can be blisters like this long after the shingles go away or is this something with my autoimmmune system?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Rashes like the one you have could be a part of autoimmune disorder or could be due to shingles only. However shingles rash is usually accompanied by pain. In fact there can be pain without rash in shingles. So pain is a dominating feature. If there is no pain, then an autoimmune component should be thought of. Please discuss this with the specialist you are currently seeing for your autoimmune disorder.
Hope this helps. Take care!
I've also had rashless shingles for two decades.  The first time I had a rash about the size of a quarter but nothing since.  The pain is unmistakable.  I have a great doctor.I call and he sends pain medication and whatever current thing that might help.
I had shingles around the right side of my waist the Sunday after Christmas this year  and here it is Feb.3 and I now have them on my right breast going around to my shoulder blade to my back bone.
I am always under a lot of stress.  I am raising my two young grandchildren and the youngest has Autisium.  It's a lot of worry and a lot of stress all the time.
In 2004, I also got Ramsey-Hunt .  I have a crooked smile and when I eat, I cry big ole crocodile tears from my left eye.  My left ear also gives me a fit.  If I sleep wrong on it, I don't hear out of it for days.
I really thought I was the only one with rashless shingles and this goofy face.  Good to know I'm not.
Sure wish someone smart would come up with a cure for shingles.  Until someone does I'll just wait til the next awful time.
Good luck to you!
Grandma 345